bing Rewards You For Searching


If you live in the United States, are you using bing yet to earn Amazon Gift cards, Redbox movie/game rentals or even Xbox Live Microsoft points? It's so easy you should be. It's FREE and you don't even have to download a tool bar!

Just sign up with bing using your facebook or microsoft account and start earning credits for searching the web. You can do 30 searches a day that will give you 15 credits, plus there's always another credit or two you can earn by doing their "daily offers" which usually consists of clicking on the link they provide and that's it.

I like how easy it is to see everything at a glance. In the image below, it shows I have 219 credits, that I am at Gold level and that I still need to do a few more searches today to complete my 15 credits. The little arrows to either side of that take you to other info about your account.

I've been a member of bing rewards since May 2011. I joined, but then kept forgetting to do the searches so I missed out on a lot of rewards. It wasn't until almost a year later that I started participating regularly and I'm glad I did.  Every little bit helps and when it's something that you normally do anyway, it just crazy not to.

Here's some of my order history and as you can see, it takes about a month to earn $5 Amazon, which is what I always redeem my credits for:

Click to enlarge image
 A month may seem like a long time to earn $5, but it's money you are earning doing what you normally do anyway. At least get $5 for it. :) If you save up for the Amazon cards, your balance just keeps adding up in your Amazon account and never expires.

Speaking of expiring, if you don't earn a credit for 180 days, your credits will expire. As with all site earnings, cash them out as soon as you can because they can always change the terms or close the program. Many of us have learned that the hard way. :(

Requirements:
Be a United States resident
5 members are allowed per household

To Claim Rewards:
Provide your REAL first and last names
Provide your REAL mailing address
Provide your REAL working phone number
Provide your email address


 There are a lot of different things you can redeem your credits for as shown here:

Click to enlarge
You can either shop for Gift Cards you want or enter some credits to win a prize. The "win" section changes so keep checking it if you want to use your credits to try to win something.  Right now you can enter to win a Nokia Lumia 1020 phone or Xbox 360 Prize packs: Madden NFL 25 or Splinter Cell Blacklist. You can also donate your points if you wish and there are a few choices of charities or you can help your school win a Surface RT bundle. 

I have always used my credits for Amazon. They have $3 and $5 Amazon cards that you receive via email. Last redemption a couple weeks ago arrived in less than a few hours. I don't believe I've ever had to wait more than a day to receive my reward. :)

Referral system:

You can earn 10 credits per referral up to 100 credits. So, the system only allows up to 10 referrals per member. It's not a great referral program at all, so don't get into it for building referrals. I hardly ever advertise it, so I don't have any referrals under me. If you would like to join with my referral link just click on the bing images at the top or bottom of this post.  ***Remember, 5 members per household are allowed and they must use their real information to redeem rewards.***

A couple of features I do like with the program are that you can set a reward as a goal, and there is also a little bar graph below each reward to show you how far along you are in being able to redeem it. The image below shows I have set the $5 Amazon as my goal and am just under half-way there. Since I am at Gold level, I also get a 50 credit discount. It's normally 525 credits.


If you want to take a glance at more items in your account, just click on the
icon in the top right corner of any bing page next to your name and credit counter. There you can look at everything to do with your account, change settings etc. If you click on the "Rewards" on the left black bar your page will look like this:

Click to enlarge
It shows a wealth of information and even has the share buttons for Facebook and Twitter for an easy way to share your referral link. You can also explore other areas of your account very easily. It's a very user friendly design!

If you are already receiving rewards from using bing for searches, you know how simple it is. If not, give it a try, it's not like you have to put forth any real effort since you most likely search more than 30 items in a day anyway so you might as well get something for it. I use Firefox as my browser and it works just fine. It used to not work with anything but IE, but now it works with Chrome and Firefox too. Just sign into your microsoft account or log in with facebook and start earning.  Since you don't need to install a toolbar, you can just use it to get your credits for the day and then go back to your normal browser if you wish. Maybe one day the other browsers will catch on and allow us to earn through them too.  Happy searching!


2 comments:

  1. i would like codes for free credits please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Free codes? All you do is do regular searches to earn credits. No free codes in the sense that there is a code to enter. Very simple, use bing like you would any search engine. You can get 15 credits a day. They were running 30 credits every Tuesday in May, but that ended with this last Tuesday.

      Delete